Are you looking for auto insurance in Fishers, IN?

There are a few things you should be aware of.  Car insurance in Indiana has three main areas of  coverage:

  1. Coverage for other people in case you cause an accident.
  2. Coverage for you and others in your car if you’re involved in an accident.
  3. Coverage for your car.

Let’s look at each of these in more detail.  The first area of auto insurance is coverage for other people.  If you cause an accident and are legally obligated to pay, your liability coverage will afford you protection.  The state minimum protection in Indiana is 25/50/10.  If this is the auto insurance you have, this means that if you cause an accident, the insurance company will pay $25,000 per person for injuries you cause, $50,000 per accident for injuries you cause, and $10,000 for property damage you cause.  For any damages over these limits, YOU may required to pay out of your pocket.  Obviously, the state minimum coverage may not be enough to protect your assets.  With the multitude of expensive cars on the road in Indiana, it would be very easy to exceed the state minimum limits.  Just imagine if you’re driving and lose control on an icy road and cause a multiple car accident involving a BMW and a Mercedes.  Chances are, the damage you cause will exceed $10,000.  We highly recommend that everyone purchase more than the state minimum auto limits if it’s in your budget.  Increasing your coverage is not that expensive.  You might pay a little more every month, but if you ever have an accident, you will be much better protected.

The second coverage area is to protect you and others in your car.  This is achieved by purchasing Uninsured/Underinsured coverage and medical payments auto insurance.  Uninsured/underinsured insurance protects you in the event that someone else causes an accident with you and doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough insurance to pay for the damages they are liable for.  Medical payments coverage pays for injuries that you or anyone in your car sustain when you’re involved in an accident.  There are various levels of coverage that can help if your health insurance doesn’t cover all of your injuries or you don’t have health insurance (if you don’t have health insurance, we can help).  For instance, if you are in an accident and sustain $10,000 worth of injuries, but your health insurance has a $5,000 deductible, your medical payments coverage on your auto insurance can be used to pay for your injuries.

The final coverage area is auto insurance to protect your car.  Some people call this “full coverage,” but we don’t like to use that term because it can be misleading (there are some losses that aren’t covered).  The coverage for your car is comprehensive coverage or collision coverage.  Comprehensive auto coverage pays for damages to your car from perils such as hail, fire, and theft.  Collision coverage pays for damage to your car that you cause.  For example, if you back into a light pole and damage your car, your collision coverage would pay to fix your car.  For both collision insurance and comprehensive coverage, there is a deductible, which is the amount that you would be responsible for.

In addition to the three main coverages, different companies have other options available.  One of the carriers we represent, Erie Insurance, offers an option to purchase an endorsement so that each year you are claim free, you earn a $100 deductible (up to $500).  Erie Insurance also offers a “Rate Lock,” which would allow you to keep the same insurance rate forever, as long as you don’t move, change cars, or change drivers.  Other options include towing and labor coverage, rental reimbursement, and more.  Please remember that these coverages are not available to all drivers and subject to terms conditions.  Curry Agency is currently licensed in Indiana only, so we can’t assist you with auto insurance in states other than Indiana.

We have helped hundreds of people better understand their coverage and lower their auto insurance rates.

If you have questions about your Indiana auto insurance and would like to talk to an independent insurance agent in Fishers, please call our office at 317-644-1770 or stop by our agency at 13578 E 131st Street, Suite 270, Fishers, IN 46037.

Curry Agency – Fishers, IN Independent Insurance Agency offering Auto, Home, Business, Life, and Health Insurance